Day 7 is my own home recipe // Honey Egg-White Yogurt Cucumber Face Mask. It’s a change from the scheduled Wine-Infused Face Mask, but I didn’t have red wine and wanted to work in a moisturizing and soothing face mask instead. Growing up my mom taught me how to take care and pamper my skin with DIY natural ingredients found in the kitchen pantry. My favorite is the Honey Egg White Yogurt Cucumber Face Mask.
This DIY mask recipe has major benefits that will aid parched skin and fight against the environmental harm that inevitably affects the skin.
- Honey can aid in the relief of irritated skin because of its mild antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- Egg whites contains many proteins, high in collagen, maintain the elasticity of skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines. (Remember to mix the egg white well enough to obtain a foamy egg white look).
- Yogurt can help moisturize and contains lactic acid that will smooth and gently exfoliate your skin while reducing fine lines and wrinkles by tightening the pores.
- Cucumbers aid and sooth sunburn, hydrate the eye area and cleanse the skin.
1 egg white
1 tsp honey
1 tsp fresh plain organic yogurt
8 thinly-sliced cucumbers *optional
- Beat the egg white with a fork until it turns a little frothy. Tip: Coolest way to separate the yolk from the egg whites.
- In a bowl thoroughly combine the egg white, honey and yogurt.
- Apply the mask on your cleansed face and leave it for 15 minutes until you feel it dry.
- Gently rinse it off with warm water.
Click here if you prefer to try the Birchbox Challenge Wine-Infused Face Mask instead.
About the Birchbox Challenge
Birchbox teamed up with a panel of all-star experts to bring a 31-day challenge to make 2015 your healthiest, happiest, most gorgeous year ever. I’m joining Birchbox on this month-long challenge and will share my success with #BirchboxChallenge. Make sure to also enter for their daily prize giveaways. Let’s do this together!